Welcome the horde!
Here is a checklist of things you need to know/do if you want to have the best time you possibly can on the day:
1) REGISTER for free on the Eventbrite page so you get emailed the map. And then PRINT OUT YOUR MAPS. IF YOU HAVE NO MAP WE WILL IGNORE YOU. Seriously guys, there are very few of us organisers/stewards are 2000ish of you and explaining the stops and directions gets very boring after a while…. Plus if we have had a few pints of brain juice we may just send you the wrong way (this has happened).
2) Remember as well as being an amazing day we are aiming to raise money for charity! Hackney Food Bank will be there to collect your food donations, and proceeds from the end party are going to St Mungos. You can also get your friends, family and people on the bus who ask what you’re doing to text and donate! Text the code BRNZ69 and your donation amount (£3, £5 or £10) to 70070. One person chosen at random who donates will win two tickets to the bloody brilliant WWII ZOMBIE BLITZ 1940, Value £65 each Full Value £130!
3) If you want to come to the amazing Afterlife Party we are throwing which is chock-a-block with amazing bands and DJs please get a ticketttttt NOW before they run out. Only £5 with profits going to St Mungos! You can get them on the same page as the registration (so you get the MAP)
4) PLEASE READ and STICK to the Zombie Code of Conduct. That means no threatening behaviour, no littering, destruction or damage of property or any other illegal behaviour or OTT silliness. The police and the press will be watching us and we want to make a good impression and keep the event running in the years to come! The organisers will not be held responsible for your actions!
5) GET MAP PRINT MAP BRING MAP
6) On that note: STRICTLY NO ILLEGAL DRUGS are permitted and no alcohol for under 18’s. Police will be called if this rule is broken. Please bring ID if you are old enough to drink and will be stopping by any pubs, and be understanding if you are refused entry - it means your zombie makeup is amazeballs.
7) PRINT YOUR MAP AND BRING IT WITH YOU
8) As you will see on the map, this year the set stops are not at pubs. I KNOW… shock horror! NO PUBS?! Don’t worry… the reason we have done this is because now attendance numbers are too high for everyone to fit in one pub, so we will gather in large public areas. If you wish to wander to a pub and come back you are free to do so! The stopping and leaving times are on the map. Which you are going to print and bring, right?!
9) We love the police, and they kind of like us. We make them chuckle with our crazy zombie antics and so far they have allowed us to carry on our event every year unhindered. SO when they say NO FAKE WEAPONS OF ANY KIND no matter what bright colour/how plastic looking, we will listen to them. Won’t we?!
10) It is London, it is October. Please try to incorporate some kind of warm/weatherproof clothing into your costume. Nothing worse than post-WZD sniffles. Also zombies love comfy shoes. There will be a fair bit of walking and standing around.
11) We all love WZD and always have such great memories and photos after the event. Please share yours by using the hashtag #WZD2013. Add the London postcode you are at and you will be added to Mapocalyp.se!
Finally, we would like to thank you for being a part of the best day of the year! It is all your support, enthusiasm and excitement that keeps the event coming back bigger and better each year and that keeps us going as organisers. It is fantastic to see familiar faces and the effort that goes into the scary/amazing/hilarious costumes and makeup you all come up with. So, cheers. London zombies are world class. SEE YOU ON SATURDAY!