Zombie Rules of Conduct
Put on a good show! Stay in character but don’t get carried away. You are responsible for your own safety and good conduct.
1. Use the “haunted house” rule in that you are not to touch anyone.
2. Use your best judgement when it comes to planning your outfit. Please do not bring weapons (fake, fantasy, and definitely not real). As you’ll be on your feet and outdoors for most of the day, take this into consideration. And be creative!
3. Do not attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant. If anyone is freaking out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. Avoid confrontations!
4. If your walk is anywhere near streets or roadways, stay on the pavement unless crossing the street. When crossing, it’s OK to “break character” and cross quickly. Think fast “New Dawn of the Dead” zombies verses the slower “Old Dawn of the Dead” zombies when crossing the street. Blocking traffic is a crime and anyone doing so could be arrested.
5. STRICTLY NO ILLEGAL DRUGS are permitted and no alcohol for under 18’s. Police will be called if this rule is broken.
6. No littering, destruction of property, or any other illegal activity. This includes smearing fake blood, banging on windows, etc. The organisers will not be held responsible for any damaged property. Pretend the location of the walk is your own neighbourhood and show the utmost respect. This event is a tradition, so we don’t want to ruin it. Remember, the press will be watching (along with the police) and this event could get world-wide news coverage. Let’s put on a good show.
7. Keep in mind you might be asked for a picture ID at the pubs and your zombie face might not match your picture ID. If you are refused entry, please understand the doorman is only doing his job.
8. Please do not attempt to push your way into any business if you are not welcome.
Can you dig it?