Team WZD are really looking forward to seeing you all for our annual shuffle and shamble though the streets of London, but to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible we’ve put together this checklist of need-to-know stuff. We are aware your brains might be slightly festering, but please do read this carefully before coming along on Saturday and joining the horde.
1) DO YOU HAVE THE MAP? Print the map out and take it with you. We poor overworked organisers will be very busy on the day do not want to be bugged about where the next stop is. We want to be bugged by people hugging us and buying us pints of brainjuice. So please, for goodness sake, bring the map!
12PM – 1PM
Starting point – Leake Street
1:30PM – 2:15PM
Second Stop – Victoria Embankment Gardens
2:45PM – 3:45PM
Third Stop – Leicester Square
4:30PM – 5:15PM
Fourth stop – Golden Square
5:45PM – 6:30PM
Fifth stop – Soho Square
Everybody out of the Square by 6:30pm so they can close it up.
Tube to Holloway Road (Piccadilly line) from Leicester Square
7PM – 4AM
After life party – 12 Bar
(203 Holloway Rd, London N7 8DL)
2) DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU’RE GOING? It’s a little tricky to find. SO – here are some top tips of how to get there: We will meet in LEAKE STREET, next to Waterloo Station. The easiest way to find it is to go to platform 1 in the National Rail station and take the adjacent exit. Turn right and walk until you see the stairs leading down into the tunnel and head down. You can also get there via Lower Marsh Road or York Road.
3) DO YOU HAVE YOUR AFTER PARTY TICKETS? If you want to come along to our zomazing After-Life Party with Vince Ripper and the Rodent Show and DJs to keep you dancing all night with the dead, it is a good idea to buy your tickets online as soon as you can if you haven’t already – numbers are limited and it is likely to sell out! You can buy them here.
4) ARE YOU PLANNING ON VISITING PUBS? If you are planning on popping into any pubs make sure you BRING ID with you. If you’re refused entry, remember your zombie face might not match your ID face and respect the door staff’s wishes. Hey, take it as a compliment, it means your makeup is amazing! Another note – smart zombies drink sensibly. It’s a long day and we’d like you there at the end of it, not passed out and missing the party!
5) ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE ENGLISH WEATHER? Post-WZD sniffles are a thing. Please try to avoid them by incorporating something warm/waterproof into your costume for the bits of the walk which aren’t undercover. And remember we are going to be walking most of the day, comfy shoes are recommended…
6) DO YOU KNOW THE ZOMBIE CODE OF CONDUCT? We’ve worked really hard to make sure this event is good zombie fun for everyone and has a good reputation so it can keep on going year after year. So please read the (very few, very sensible) rules here and stick to them on the day.
7) HAVE YOU DONATED TO CHARITY? World Zombie Day is about having a fantastic day with the zombie horde, and also about raising money and awareness for St Mungos Broadway, the charity who do amazing work helping the homeless. If you’re coming along please donatewhatever you can by texting BRNZ88 £4 (or another amount up to £10) to 70070.
8) ARE YOU READY FOR A BRILLIANT DAY? If you’ve ready this far then the answer should be YES! We can’t wait to see all your rotting, scary, fabulous faces once again for the best day of the year! Keep in touch with us on Facebook here and Twitter here, we want to see all your lovely photos and keep the zombie feels going right through till Halloween… please use the hashtag #WZD2015.
SEE YOU ON SATURDAY LONDON ZOMBIE HORDE!